Thursday, March 2, 2017

A New Chapter - Week One


The Process

Since I first started in mid-January at MDL, I knew there was something special about this place. There was always a sense of limitless potential in terms of a direction for the company to go from when I started. I knew that the first thing to do was to get a cohesive message for the company, so I started with the website. Websites as most know are the connection to the outside world, and the beacon to everything a company represents to those who do not know you yet.

I then took what thrown together information was on the site and applied it to Facebook, this is when I started working behind the scenes for awhile on the "new look". For a better part of the last month I went through many obstacles, one of which was trying to get a LinkedIn company page which was a bit harder than expected given that we automatically were given one and had to claim it. We could never claim it, but we eventually were able to delete it! LinkedIn was then made, but then there was so much more to the story...

In the meantime, I was also working on logo concepts for the company. What seemed like a hair pulling, teeth gnashing process only took around two days until we came to a vote on what the new logo would be! What you see everywhere now is that logo.

Then came the part I was dreading all this time, redoing the entire website...

What seemed like forever was only about 2 and a half weeks, and it was really worth it. Today the website and social media presences stand tall and represent the pillars of communication MDL did not have before.

I am proud to be a part of this team now and since the beginning.

- Mason Luxmore, Marketing Coordinator

1 comment:

  1. Mason has done a wonderful job putting all of this together. The new website, Facebook page, the Blog. Thank you Mason.

    ReplyDelete